2-Channel Power Amplifier for High Performance Touring
The most versatile model due to an attractive mix of features, size and output power, making the K3 an outstanding value. It is built on same technologies as every other K Series model, and indeed, the K3 produces the same great sound quality, no matter what type of loudspeaker it is connected to.
In use worldwide by leading touring and event sound companies, K Series is preferred among the top ranking system designers, sound engineers, and system techs on the road for making their lives easier, giving them reliable premier-grade power and headroom in the smallest possible package size.
Fully digitally controlled and with a serial PC communication port as standard, the K3 is also available with either or both KDSP board and KAESOP Ethernet/AES3 interface. Fully equipped with both options, the K3 DSP+AESOP amounts to a fully integrated, highly sophisticated yet easy to use power source including state-of-the-art sound shaping and system management capabilities, remotely controllable via Powersoft′s Armonía Pro Audio Suite™ software.
- Small to Medium Scale Touring FOH Systems
- Small Scale Subwoofers
- Stage Monitoring
- Concert Halls
- Live Clubs
- Corporate Events
- Weight and space saving: unequaled, extremely efficient switch mode PSU and Class D design in only one rack space (1U) and 12kg/26.5lbs
- Power saving: more amp output power from the AC power distro thanks to >90% efficiency, resulting in more overall power from less rack space1)
- Fewer amplifiers for more speakers: designed for, stable and sounding consistently good with 2Ω loads
- Outstanding sonic quality per design, including patented output filters
- Highly integrated: internal state-of-the-art DSP optional
- Versatile: large number of amp/system/venue parameters can be configured, locked, and monitored
- Communicative: serial PC interface on board; Ethernet interface including AES3 over Cat-5e optional (KAESOP) for complete remote monitoring and control
- Compact size and Light weight - all models only 1 RU and 12 kg (26 pounds) for easier racking and shipping
- Powersoft legendary universal switch mode power supply up to 300VAC tolerant , compact, high performance
- Power Factor Correction (PFC), reducing AC mains current draw and increasing voltage operating range (universal power supply)
- Detachable AC mains cord
- Low Inrush Limiting reduces AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Fixed frequency switch mode output stage for highest grade audio accuracy
- Patented output filter with ripple cancellation network
- Front panel LCD interactive display and LED level meters
- Lockable user menu for setting max output voltage, max mains current draw, digital gain/attenuation control, defeatable gate selection per channel, limiter and real time
- Gain/sensitivity user selection capability (Digital gain attenuator)
- Built-in defeatable Clip limiters for each channel
- Monitoring of: load impedance, AC mains voltage and current, output voltage, internal temperature
- Downloadable log file of all functional fault events with time related trace
- Hardware monitor available for fast local diagnostics
- Built-in Remote Control (RS 485 interface) for full diagnostic, operational setting and system monitoring, Armonía compatible
- Temperature controlled continuous variable speed fan, front to rear airflow
- Smart card reader for preset load/save, firmware upgrades and step-up power to K8/K10 (or K3)
- Power on/off muting: for 4s at power on, and upon power off amplifiers outputs are muted
- Neutrik® XLR/1/4" Combo balanced input (link out on K2/K3) and Speakon® output connectors
- Fully protected circuitry design including DC, infrasonic, high frequency, thermal overload and short circuit
- Comprehensive protection circuitry:
- DC protection: protects against infrasonic signals
- VHF protection: protects the loudspeakers against strong very high frequency non-musical signals above the audible range.
- Thermal protection: prevents the amplifier from being overheated. The protection indicators on the front panel are switched on, as a warning, before the protection process is initiated.
- AC protection: shuts down the power supply if the line voltage is outside the operating voltage.
- Clip limiter: prevents severely clipped waveforms from reaching the loudspeakers, whilst maintaining full peak power.
- Full four years warranty